Portfolio revision plan


Brandon Walker
19 April 2018
DeWitt
Eng 101
Portfolio Revision Plan
In terms of Content, I feel as if I need to put more effort into dissecting as much out of a single idea as I can. I often try to compensate for my lack of density within a single idea by piling more and more ideas on top of each other making the paper feel more rich with content when in actuality it is rather hollow. I can achieve this by limiting myself to only three of four ideas per topic and ensure that I reach the length requirement of a piece regardless of the limitation on ideas.
I’ve always struggled with structuring my writing when it comes to papers, essays, or even simple emails. I feel like the main thing I want to work on with structure is creating a rise and fall shape to my writing. I want to start small by introducing the basic information needed to begin talking about what I’m going to talk about. Then I want to grow the writing by increasing the depth of what I’m talking about in terms of content. Then I’ll finish by shrinking back down and concluding the writing with more broad closing statements.
I feel as if I don’t have a clear and concise idea of how to implement certain styles into my writing. It’s always been a bit of a gray area for me while writing. My goal for style is to become more clear on the types of style I am using and focus in on the components of a certain style. For each piece, I will identify the style that would best suit the topic I’m writing about and my personal preference and try to be conscious of it all throughout my writing.

Comments