Essay evaluation for paper #3

Brandon Walker
26 March 2018
ENG 101

Which format do I prefer?
  • I prefer to write another exploratory essay because I enjoy the freeform exploration of diving into a topic I either want to better my knowledge in or an unfamiliar topic I’d like to discover. While writing essay 1 I felt like the ideas fell onto the paper easier and they were also more concise and authentic.

Which format would be better to strengthen my skills?
  • It may be more beneficial for me to write another expository essay because I feel as if I struggled more with this format. I believe I can solve this by keeping an expository mindset in the back of my head when writing so that I can practice having this mindset as well.

Which one would be easier to write about something cool?

  • I believe I can come up with better ideas while writing an exploratory essay because I don’t have to argue a specific topic. It feels more like an exercise of discovery rather than an argument backed by various points which I feel is the more creative way for my writing to function. Expository essays can be equally or more creative than exploratory essays as well, I just feel as if I personally work more creatively with exploratory.

Comments